Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you think? It comes with a special color/coating, better grips, and leather holster. I've been looking at the Ruger Wranglers for a year or so now, and kept itching to buy one. This is the nicest one I've seen in person so far. For reference, the ordinary ones are going for $209 at my LGS. I also test shot a Wrangler at the range there tonight (not for the first time). I’ve liked them since the first time I shot one. This will add to my Ruger .22 collection.

Another reason I wanted it is I'd like a .22 revolver but to be frank, I don't want to spend the $500-1000 the nicer ones cost, such as LCR's, Single Sixes/Bearcats, or Smith and Wesson .22's. To me, the Wrangler is an affordable price point that I can get that .22. Also, I don't have any single action style revolvers nor the old school cowboy style.

Any happy owners want to chime in?

NEW TALO Distributor Exclusive Ruger Wrangler 22 Long Rifle (alloutdoor.com)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Wise choice and the best looking Wrangler by far! I seen 2 this week and they don't look dumb like the others and the walnut grips is so much better than the cheap plastic.
You did great!
👍👍

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice looking MadViking. We enjoy shooting ours. I got the black leather holster and rosewood grips. Since the gun was matte finish I liked the little bit of shine on the grips.

Enjoy

Reactions: Bobaloo22

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wise choice and the best looking Wrangler by far! I seen 2 this week and they don't look dumb like the others and the walnut grips is so much better than the cheap plastic.
You did great!
👍👍
Yes, the cobalt coating and grips upgrade the look. It is more apparent side-by-side with the stock models.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
SWEET !
I scratched my Cowboy itch in September ,($199 ) found the DeSantis "Wild Hog " holster on sale ($20) ... still looking at grips ... but sorta like the Black Checkered "Gutta Percha" grips ...just wish it had a cool Ruger medallion inlayed ... they still feel good .

I needed another 22 LR handgun like another hole in the head ... but always wanted a 4 5/8" barreled SA and a 22LR is economical to feed ... Had to Scratch that itch ...
... Awwwww feels good !
Gary

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SWEET !
I scratched my Cowboy itch in September ,($199 ) found the DeSantis "Wild Hog " holster on sale ($20) ... still looking at grips ... but sorta like the Black Checkered "Gutta Percha" grips ...just wish it had a cool Ruger medallion inlayed ... they still feel good .

I needed another 22 LR handgun like another hole in the head ... but always wanted a 4 5/8" barreled SA and a 22LR is economical to feed ... Had to Scratch that itch ...
... Awwwww feels good !
Gary
How’s that Wrangler treating you? Desantis is good I’ve heard.

I don’t know why but I have yet to see a Ruger .22 I didn’t want. I was also looking at at LCP II in .22, but I was wary at all the reliability complaints.

·
Premium Member
14,866 Posts
Those are all great looking revolvers! Not bit by the Wrangler bug............yet anyway.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts