Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my .41 Blackhawk back from Bowen Classic Arms yesterday. Had the "basic package" done, and a steel frame thatI had acquired properly fitted.

Took her to th' woods today. Fired some factory .41 Mags (Federal) and some lighter handloads with cast bullets.

Nice...gonna take her back, hopefully, over th' weekend for a repeat!

Luv the .41 caliber...it's not "too much" but certainly is...at least to me...enough!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

Just to show I live up to my end of the deal, here is a pic of my old model .41 Blackhawk!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok...the technology challenge is awesome to this ol' fart, but- I'll ask my wife how th' heck to do it...patience, however, is called fer'! She's a good teacher but I'm something less than a good student!

Lookin' at th' outside, from th' side, there's not a lot to see...tho' it was re-blued b/c the barrel was removed to facilitate the frame work. There is a new base pin...secured by/set screw into the bottom of the barrel. Also installed the Bowen "Rough Country" rear sight...The action work is impressive, and the fitting of the new (steel) frame is something to see! And, it shoots extremely well, as expected.

If I was able to afford it, I'd have had th' frame case-hardened, but just couldn't do it "this trip!" I'd had...and shot...the .41 for a few years, and knew it would always (hopefully) be a keeper. Figured that the "basic package" offered by Bowen would be the best way to make a good Blackhawk "gooder!"

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,796 Posts
That's no old model in the picture but it sure is a pretty OM.

·
Registered
774 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts