Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
We have 2:
My wife's NM Blackhawk:

My OM Blackhawk (Converted, unfortunately) with bighorn grips and matching knife:

I usually carry a 45 OM Blackhawk or a custom Reeder 454. She carries hers for bear and general camping.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The scoped .41 mag Blackhawk, the two standard .41 Bisleys and the stainless .41 Bisley are backed by the Marlin 1894FG (.41 mag lever gun) so, ummm, yup, still got one. :)

I'll take a .41 over the mighty .429 magnum everyone calls a .44 anyway. :p

·
Registered
247 Posts
I recently bought a OM ( 4-5/8") in 95% condition for $500.00 It will fit nice in my collection between my two OM 45lc's. I bought starline brass and cast up some 210 gr swc bullets. I will do reloading this week for it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My two unconverted and original:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just recently picked up a New Model Blackhawk (1974 vintage) dirt-cheap because it's missing the ejector rod housing. :D

Can't wait for it to arrive at my LGS so I can put it together & go through about two 50-round boxes of 210-grain SWCs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We have 2:
My wife's NM Blackhawk:

My OM Blackhawk (Converted, unfortunately) with bighorn grips and matching knife:

I usually carry a 45 OM Blackhawk or a custom Reeder 454. She carries hers for bear and general camping.

That knife has got to be one of the finest-looking blades I've EVER seen. :D :D :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a 4 5/8 Blackhawk in 41mag that I've had for along time. It has a Super Blackhawk grip frame on it.
I don't carry as much as I use to. I have since been carrying my Blackhawk in 45 colt.

Key

·
Banned
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does a .41 BH have the bigger frame than the .357s?

I've also thought about the .45/45 ACP version, but my last .45 Colt
experience left me with lack-luster accuracy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went deer hunting today with a Ruger 3 screw 41 Magnum. I still have some Speer JHP-SWC 200 grain bullet with 18 grains of the old 2400 powder. I have some current Deep Curl 210 grain bullets but all good things come to those that wait. I got my first whitetail with the 41 Magnum and hope to get more in the future.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I just don't get that caliber. The ammunition is hard to find so whats the deal?
The .41 Mag isn't hard to find..its just hard to find as cheap as .44 Mag. It's a great caliber. Flat shooting (some believe flatter than the .44). Less recoil than the .44. But it's never been as popular. It's definitely a caliber for handloaders. I have an unconverted old model. If Hornady would make a Critical Defense load it would sell. Not having a factory shorter Special load probably has hurt sales.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I've been a 41 lover for many years. Started out with a Smith 57 than added several more including a Redhawk. Earlier this year I picked up a 41 Bisley. I reload so no problem with ammunition. Great caliber and mine have found a home.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Picked this 41 up a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I just don't get that caliber. The ammunition is hard to find so whats the deal?
Want to see hard-to-find, I am expecting my 41 Special soon? Reloading takes care of those concerns as long as brass and bullets are available. My brass will be trimmed 41 Magnum, which I have in sufficient abundance.

Ammo goes beyond what you can find at the corner gun store.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts