Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the No. 1H in .416 Rigby. What a beast. Seems that all the Elephant and Rino are gone from New Mexico. I bought the rifle just because. Ive owned several single shot Rugers and just love them. I had my No. 1V in .220 swift set up with Redfield 3200 target scope in 12 X. Back in the 80's this was the hot set up. Looking to get a No.1V in 25-06.

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
You're a better man than I am Kermit! I can't imagine shooting one of those off the bench to get it sighted in. You should be ready just in case mammoths and dinosaurs make a comeback!

·
Registered
880 Posts
That's REALLY neat! And, you gotta be able to handload to a practical level of comfort fer' "plinkin"...which ought to be fun!

I've always wanted a #1 in .375 H&H...for absolutely NO good reason whatsoever...maybe some day...

I wish Ruger would do the 1-A or International in cool calibers fer' iron sights...like even th' 30-30 or 32-20 or 44-40...Oh well...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Jody Johnson

That's REALLY neat! And, you gotta be able to handload to a practical level of comfort fer' "plinkin"...which ought to be fun!

I've always wanted a #1 in .375 H&H...for absolutely NO good reason whatsoever...maybe some day...

I wish Ruger would do the 1-A or International in cool calibers fer' iron sights...like even th' 30-30 or 32-20 or 44-40...Oh well...
I agree,always liked the .375 Winchester.Imagine a no.1 w/ an octagon barrel in a big caliber of your choice.

·
Registered
238 Posts
:eek: I believe Armalite has produced a new .416 tactical sniper type rifle too...don't know if it uses "standard" elephant loads or whatever...but that ruger is a sweet rifle...even if it is 5 dollars every time you pull the trigger:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.