Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the No. 1H in .416 Rigby. What a beast. Seems that all the Elephant and Rino are gone from New Mexico. I bought the rifle just because. Ive owned several single shot Rugers and just love them. I had my No. 1V in .220 swift set up with Redfield 3200 target scope in 12 X. Back in the 80's this was the hot set up. Looking to get a No.1V in 25-06.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
You're a better man than I am Kermit! I can't imagine shooting one of those off the bench to get it sighted in. You should be ready just in case mammoths and dinosaurs make a comeback!

·
Registered
880 Posts
That's REALLY neat! And, you gotta be able to handload to a practical level of comfort fer' "plinkin"...which ought to be fun!

I've always wanted a #1 in .375 H&H...for absolutely NO good reason whatsoever...maybe some day...

I wish Ruger would do the 1-A or International in cool calibers fer' iron sights...like even th' 30-30 or 32-20 or 44-40...Oh well...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Jody Johnson

That's REALLY neat! And, you gotta be able to handload to a practical level of comfort fer' "plinkin"...which ought to be fun!

I've always wanted a #1 in .375 H&H...for absolutely NO good reason whatsoever...maybe some day...

I wish Ruger would do the 1-A or International in cool calibers fer' iron sights...like even th' 30-30 or 32-20 or 44-40...Oh well...
I agree,always liked the .375 Winchester.Imagine a no.1 w/ an octagon barrel in a big caliber of your choice.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I had the privilege of drooling over a 45-90 falling block with a long Hex barrel in a friends collection. Almost as heavy and big as a hand cannon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same gun in .416 Rigby, #1H. It's a fantastic gun. I use it for moose-hunting, and the length and weight is perfect for a forest-gun.

·
Registered
357 Posts
...What a beast. Seems that all the Elephant and Rino are gone from New Mexico. I bought the rifle just because. ...
No worries. I recently read an interview in Alien Living with no less than Optimus Prime.

He expressed concern that with the right ammo the .416 Rigby could wreak havoc with his water pump or cylinder heads.

:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
:eek: I believe Armalite has produced a new .416 tactical sniper type rifle too...don't know if it uses "standard" elephant loads or whatever...but that ruger is a sweet rifle...even if it is 5 dollars every time you pull the trigger:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts