Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am awaiting delievery on a .44 mag Deerfield. Any accessories that I should get? I'm thinking of changing out the sights with a Williams peep with the firesight inserts. to those who have them-do you use a scope or the irons. If I decide scope, I'm thinking about one of those Leupold 1'x'4s or if I can find one a fixed power 2.5.
Pretty little carbine-I'm looking forward to playing with it.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Am awaiting delievery on a .44 mag Deerfield. Any accessories that I should get? I'm thinking of changing out the sights with a Williams peep with the firesight inserts. to those who have them-do you use a scope or the irons. If I decide scope, I'm thinking about one of those Leupold 1'x'4s or if I can find one a fixed power 2.5.
Preppy little carbine-I'm looking forward to playing with it.
When you get it pictures please! Would love to have one - came to the game too late.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
if you get a scope go to ebay and buy a weigand scope mount,they screw in the ruger mounts and give you a 1 piece weaver style mount,plus they protect your scope from getting hit,and have a angled brass deflector,also my eye isnt the best anymore so i use bushnell banner cirle-x scope.my gun also has the xs ghost ring sights,i cant see through open sights anyway

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
We got a 44 mag Carbine...a very early one, as it has a 2 digit serial number. My wife has taken control of it completely for this coming deer season here in Indiana. In our Missouri hunt in Septembe she got a 335 lb hog and a 125 lb whitetail doe, one shot each from 50 and 80 yards respectively. She loves that Ruger, and it sure has done a fine job for her.

I just got a Model 77/44 SS bolt action carbine. I'll do a write up on it when I get the optics set and do some zeroing with it.
AL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts