Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just bought , new , 7 n a half sup black-hawk 44, prob is after firing the loading gate pops open about a 1/ 16 of a in, concerned it wont time right unless the gate is closed , its brand new ,should i send it back , or is this a normal thing , i dont think it should open , to much of a mishap with timing if it opens more:confused:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have one just like it 15 years old, my loading gate always stays in place as it should. It might be just the spring. But, being a brand new gun I would contact Ruger, I'm sure they will make good on it. It won't effect timing but it's brand new I'd have them look at it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Tell your new Super Blackhawk to pack a bag, because it's going on a little trip back to Ruger.

They'll fix that and anything else that might be wrong.
You'll get back a perfect gun.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was afraid u all would say the same, got a lemon im sure , off to ruger it goes , fraid to shoot it, dang nabbit

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I wouldn't say you have a "lemon", but just a gun with a small problem that Ruger will fix. They will also check over the rest of the gun while they have it.

I bet turn over will be pretty quick, a week give or take.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Ruger would mail you a new gate and gate detent spring for free. No need to mail it back. Both parts are available at Midwayusa also, $8 each. That saves you from needing to understand any part of the actual repair.

Most likely, either you didn't get the detent spring positioned correctly upon reassembly, or your spring is slightly bent, or mis-shapen at the tip that engages the gate.

Ruger would certainly fix it for you, but that's an awful lot of hassle just to re-install the detent spring in the proper position, or replace it. If your gate is mis-machined - highly unlikely - a new gate from Ruger (or midway if you prefer to pay) should drop in and fix the issue.

People should be able to change the oil in their vehicles too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts