Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and galls. If you understood what the caption was talking about, then i need your help. the Colt Buntline was a 45LC that had a sweet 12" barrel. Over time, there were others to take on this model with other pistols being at the 16" and 18" range. some had stocks and some did not. Cool huh!!
Here's the thing. I have a super balck hawk wit a 7.5" barrel.... see where im going with this? does anyone know of a barrel company that has or could make a 14" or 15" barrel for my 44mag?
i know a guy that could turn threads on a barrel, but not rifling. anyone know of a rifled blank in 44 that could be turned? Could i use a levergun barrel and turn/cut it down?
HELP ME!!!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Can't help with a barrel supplier. But you might want to check with Ruger as they've done long barrel revolvers for export to the UK.

One thing I know from experience is that large bore long barrel revolvers are a wee bit nose heavy! I have a Super Blackhawk 10.5" barrel and an Uberti Cattleman Buntline 18" barrel (with a detachable stock). Many days at the range the Ruger actually feels more nose heavy than the Uberti.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, do you like your 18” buntline? I’m not aposed to get one. I just wanted a barrel on the ruger.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
John, do you like your 18” buntline? I’m not aposed to get one. I just wanted a barrel on the ruger.
I like it for the "it's different" factor. The one I have was made in the mid 1970's when Uberti's quality was more hit or miss from what I understand. That being the case I only run cowboy to mid-range loads in it.

Shooting with the stock on is a breeze so long as one remembers that it's a revolver so both hands stay on the grips.
With the stock off it's a lot more of a challenge due to it being nose heavy. The sight radius is great but that front blade dances a whole bunch.

On the plus side I get to feel like Jack Nicholson's version of "The Joker" when shooting at the range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts