Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, got an ammo question...:confused:

Has anyone used this ammo before in your 1911's and if so what are your thoughts about it...

Winchester SXZ45 "Personal Protection" 230 gr JHP

I picked up one box to do a "range test" this weekend to determine if I could use these for my self defense / home protection loads.

I've been using 230 gr FMJ for target work without a hitch in my SR1911 and I was curious how the JHP's would cycle.

Your feedback is appreciated...thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have use,d the federal equivalent. had no problems in mine, seems to shoot everything

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Hey everyone, got an ammo question...:confused:

Has anyone used this ammo before in your 1911's and if so what are your thoughts about it...

Winchester SXZ45 "Personal Protection" 230 gr JHP

I picked up one box to do a "range test" this weekend to determine if I could use these for my self defense / home protection loads.

I've been using 230 gr FMJ for target work without a hitch in my SR1911 and I was curious how the JHP's would cycle.

Your feedback is appreciated...thanks!
That's exactly what I use in my SR1911 for SD load. Definitely has a bit more recoil than the 230 hardball stuff, so you should shoot it a bit to get used to it. No problems with feeding, though.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Worked great when I tried it in my M&P 45. Have not tried it in my 1911's yet.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've used it my 1911 and it works fine. Shot gallon water jugs and wet phone books and penetration and expansion were good.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your come-backs! I feel better now...:)

My background is in S/A & D/A revolvers, so I am new to shooting auto-loaders. The SR1911 is my first and I want to do the right thing with it by learning the right stuff, the right way and that's where you folks come in...

Thanks again for the help by sharing your knowledge and experiences...;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run it in my P90 with no issues, good price for 50 rds. at Bass Pro too, it's around $27 for 50 rds. ....

·
Registered
444 Posts
I keep my bedside SR1911 loaded with Winchester WIN 1911 Hollow Points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts