Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have never heard of 230gr short bbl ammo. Are you refering to the Glock .45 which is shorter than standard .45 ammo. It should be marked on the gun what it's chambered for and that's what you have to use. Good luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speer brand ammo, with Gold dot bullets, makes a variety of different load specifically for short barrelled guns.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I never heard of it either, so I went to Speer’s home page and found this: http://www.speer-ammo.com/products/short_brl.aspx

The hype talks about a .38 Special +P load that was tested for a 2" barrel. So I guess if you have a .45 in a 2" configuration, that would be the berries.

What are you looking to use it in?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Speer Lawman 230 gr. rnfmj is a good round for practice, alot cleaner that Winchester wb. For
carry or self defense I'd look at Remington 230 gr Golden Sabers, or HydraShoks or sumptin...

I'm not sure I buy into the "short barrel" philosophy. I would look at something from Corbon instead.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Out of my P97s and my P90---only Gold Dots 230 Gr.---not a short barrel round but 4.5 isn't short----3 or under is what those are for...supposed to be lighter recoil and low flash-may work OK...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts