Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the new 45acp frames on the birdshead the smaller vaquero frames? I have an older. 45 colt birdshead that shoots 45acp with a spare acp cylinder I had made.mine are all older vaquero .

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,044 Posts
pahermit, There's no such thing as a 45 ACP frame ... all New Vaqueros made since 2005 are the "mid-size" frame no matter if they are a 44 Special, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, or 357 Mag.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe i used the wrong term in describing "frames" what i have is a ss blackhawk that i got in the 90's It was a 45 long colt.I had a smith make me another cylinder in 45acp to fit my blackhawk. I also have a couple of old model vaqueros in 45 colt.That 45acp cylinder will fit in the old model vaqueros and the blackhawk.what I am trying to finnd out is if the new 45acp cylinder and frame is of a different size than my older guns.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
YES. The "New Vaquero" 45 ACP birdshead model is the mid size frame. So no, your 45 ACP cyl ill not fit, it's .060" larger in diameter.

The current production "Vaquero" (44 Spl only) and "New Vaquero" are made on the mid frame size. The only exception is the brand new 44 Mag. "Vaquero" soon to be released as a Talo distributor exclusive model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts