Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
22,889 Posts
I throw out any range brass that are SPP once I figure it out. That way I won't try to seat a LPP in them by mistake.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Started reloading mine with srp to extend my supply of lpp. Even bought a Blackhawk .45acp cylinder and fit it to one of my 45colt vaqueros. Will also use them in my 1911 when we do our next Wild Bunch shoot. I found 85 in range brass a bud gave me but bought a couple hundred to go with the 40 pcs that I had accumulated. Same load, no diff. Need to get into the habit of culling them or at least peak at the primer before you put them in the shell holder on your press.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I toss them (or leave on ground) if I run onto them. No room for non-standard cases here. Just a headache to have around. Load the same though.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
can’t bring myself to toss perfectly good .45 brass
Easy for me. Since all my .45 ACP shooting is done in a revolver, I don't 'lose' brass. It just accumulates. Now, some here (or other forum) suggested a good use for the small primer brass is for field use where you don't care about losing brass as you shoot it in your semi-autos. I can see that :) .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts