Ruger Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Oh, I know the story. I was thinking you might have had a detailed document here on the subject. Sorry about that..
I think I'll use rclark"s method of carefully shaping the pawl without dissembling my gun. It seems simple enough as long as your are careful and check the cylinder fit often. This is a feature that I know I'll enjoy.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,188 Posts
Put some masking tape over the cylinder latch hole and as much of the base pin hole and pawl hole as possible. This will help keep the filings out of the working part of the gun. I tried to do the pawl mod without removing it .... no workie so I tore the gun down and did it right. Since then I don't bother trying to file the pawl without damaging the rest of the gun.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I bought Kuhnhausen's book on the SA revolver and reading the section on fitting one of these is disconcerting to say the least. He talks about variations in guns which can affect fitment, and the minuscule removal of metal to make the necessary adjustments to ensure proper function. I have watched Mr. Power's install his proprietary pawl and he makes it looks easy. He's such an expert he's performs like Roy Clark did on the guitar. I'll study some more...

41 - 43 of 43 Posts