Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here, although I've been lurking for a while. I have owned single action Rugers since the early 60's and while I have enjoyed them, we never truly bonded...until recently. I REALLY like my Flattop Bisley 44 Special 4 5/8. So my question is: Is there now, or has there ever been a Bisley 4 5/8 in 45 or 44 Magnum?

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the forum !
I know they made some Bisley Vaqueros with the 4 5/8" barrel chambered in 44 mag and I think 45 colt too ?
But I think your Lipseys Blackhawk flattop bisley in 44 special is the only other bisley with the 4 5/8" barrel . At least that I know of ? Maybe others can chime in ?

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
I agree with Campbeans. To my knowledge, all regular production Bisleys are longer barreled.

If not one of the distributor special models, those you see have had the grip frame swapped for the Bisley grip frame. Fairly easy to do, especially with a take off Bisley grip that came on a factory gun, already fitted to a gun and blued, or polished if stainless.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I was afraid that would be the answer. Perhaps I can learn to love a 5 1/2 inch barrel.

Ed

·
Registered
865 Posts
You could find a good gunsmith who could shorten the barrel.

I think the longer barrel goes along with the target nature of Bisley in history. Anyway here is my 45Colt/45ACP convertible.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Yes, pretty inexpensive to shorten a stainless barrel, especially. After cutting the barrel and resoldering the front sight back on, the barrel doesn't have to be removed, re-blued, and re-installed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Lipsey's offered a SBH Bisley in a 3.75 inch barrel if your tastes go shorter... Love me some Bisley grip. See my signature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts