Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I located a .45 acp cylinder used for sale. I assume it will fit with my Bisley model. Is that a fair assumption? Also, is there any particular issues I should be aware of that someone could be trying to pawn off a problem on me? I can't think of much that could go wrong with a cylinder, but you never know....:confused:

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
I'm by no means an expert, but I believe you'll need to have a gunsmith correctly fit that cylinder to your Bisely to get the timing right. I don't believe revolver cylinders are interchangeable without fitting. I would check with a competent revolver smith before buying, it would only take a phone call, and could save you $.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Timing is not an issue. Just make sure it's over all length is the same as your cyl or a bit longer so you can hone it to fit. If short, you'll have cyl fore and aft play called "cyl end shake".

And like ExArmy posted, if you have a standard Blackhawk large frame, you need a large frame cyl the same diameter as yours. If you have a New Vaquero or FLAT TOP Blackhawk mid frame, you need the mid frame cyl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts