Ruger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
My favorite .45 Auto pistols are the CZ97 family (manual safety or de-cocker options). In a sub-$1k 1911, I'm very happy with the SR1911 (even if I did replace the flat mainspring housing for a 1911A1-style arched housing).

·
Premium Member
13,944 Posts
1911's or Glock 30S

Reactions: SlowElk

·
Registered
251 Posts
1911 Springfield, Loaded, RangeMaster or Ronin, Revolver DA S&W 625 JM, SA Ruger Blackhawk any or all in 45ACP.
I agree with many of the others, Rent, borrow, or at least shoot them before you buy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you're going to carry it, go with plastic. I have a Glock 30s for a carry 45 and it's a great gun . Standard magazine give 10+1 and a 21 magazine gives 13+1. There's no such thing as having too many rounds with you but at 230 grains a round 45's add up fast. The Trijicon HD's are great sights for low and no light situations which lends it to an all purpose gun.

I also have an SR1911 Commander that is one heck of a gun for the money. Trigger is much better than the Glock out of the box and because of the nicer trigger it's a little easier to shoot accurately. It also weighs quite a bit more and this also helps steady the gun. I have a Dawson fiber optic front sight on it that a little thinner than factory but also much brighter. I've carried it a fair amount and you can tell that you have something "substantial" on your hip. There's something about shooting a 1911 that can't be matched by polymer guns.

Glock 30s.jpg
Comander.JPG

And, just to throw a stick in the mud, throw in an SP101 4". Yeh, only 5 shots but they're an extremely effective and fun 5 shots.....LOL>

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
What are some good 1911 that are under $1000 to look at?
Sig 1911 TacOps in full size. Sig 1911 Ultra for a compact. Probably the best value out there. Very good fit and finish. Flawless operation with a wide variety of ammo. Accurate. Very good triggers.

I have read good things about the Ruger 1911's, but have not had the chance to examine one.

The Remington 1911 were solid, and at a lower price point. But with Remington in Chapter 11, not sure that is a good idea.

1911's are a natural aim. Proven design. Other than a Springfield that failed right out of the box due to factory problems, I have never had a 1911 malfunction. And I own a number of them, having put a lot of rounds downrange.

Great single action trigger.

My everyday carry.

·
Super Moderator
21,241 Posts
I have a SigP320 C in 45 ACP and it is accurate and totally reliable.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have a SigP320 C in 45 ACP and it is accurate and totally reliable.
How does it shoot? I’ve been interested in the P320s but can never seem to find a 45

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you're looking for a DA pistol, don't discount the old P90. (I'm surprised that didn't pop up.) Old school but every owner seems to hold them in high regard.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts