Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This the 3rd thread ive made on ammo today you know somehting good is comeing when im asking for cheap reliable ammo...anyways how good is .45 TulAmmo and will it screw up my pistol? and is it reliable?

Thanks in advance again.

· Registered
673 Posts
IM only useing it for plinking/practiceing

It's fine for for your intended use. The projectile has a bi-metal jacket. I think the jacket is thin copper over steel. The projectile can spark against backstops. Some ranges do not allow Russian steel case because:

1. If it sparks against the back-stop, it can ignite dust and cause a fiire.

2. Some range operators don't want to take the chance that the bi-metal jacket will damage their back-stops.

3. The general consensus is that steel cases can not be reloaded. Some ranges use spent cases as an additional revenue stream, and don't want to go through the trouble of sorting out the steel cases from brass.

Just make sure that the range you frequent allows it.

TulAmmo used to cause more fouling than the least expensive FC & WWB. Now it seems that all of them cause the exact same fouling, so that's now moot.

· Registered
3,560 Posts
I won't use combloc ammo. I paid a lot of money for my guns and I won't take the chance of messing them up firing cheap ****.

If cost is that strong of an issue (and of course it is) then consider making the jump to reloading.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's fine for for your intended use. The projectile has a bi-metal jacket. I think the jacket is thin copper over steel. The projectile can spark against backstops. Some ranges do not allow Russian steel case because:

1. If it sparks against the back-stop, it can ignite dust and cause a fiire.

2. Some range operators don't want to take the chance that the bi-metal jacket will damage their back-stops.

3. The general consensus is that steel cases can not be reloaded. Some ranges use spent cases as an additional revenue stream, and don't want to go through the trouble of sorting out the steel cases from brass.

Just make sure that the range you frequent allows it.

TulAmmo used to cause more fouling than the least expensive FC & WWB. Now it seems that all of them cause the exact same fouling, so that's now moot.
Who ever said i was going to a range? no i go to my buddys camp and we do alot of shooting up there. its in the middle of nowhere so no one cares

· Registered
90 Posts
I have used it in my 45 ACP & 380 ACP from time to time. I have not had any problems. Do not use it that often. I usually try different ammo with my handguns to see how & what they will & will not handle. I'm primarily a range shooter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.