Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a SRH in 454 Casull. It is very fun to shoot with 45 Colt and 454 Casull loads. The revolver has the Ruger Gray Target finish--basically a flat gray color used on both Ruger pistols and rifles. Anyone know the time frame that Ruger used this finish on their firearms?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I love the target gray. I had a 44 mag that I bought new in 2004. I took it to GA on a deer hunt. Wish I still had it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought that same revolver a few months back. Love the grey! shes a 2000 and Looks like it hasn't had many rounds put through it at all. She does bark a bit louder than my .44 SRH!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Excellent gun, what a tank! As far as Factory rounds go, mine does extremely well with Hndy 300g XtpMag. Recoil for me with this load, even in recent years, is still easily managed with gun's nice balance & weight, mine has the most recent stock 'finger groove' rubber grip but like original grip on my twenty year old 44 too.

Same bullet is also extremely accurate charged with w296. And want to try IMR4227.

Another accurate bullet for me, is a good fitting 250g RFP PB cast, where psi range is matched well with bullet's hardness. This has worked wonders in Ruger SRH as well as a scoped FA m83(130 yards) and looking forward to trying it in 6.5 inch SBH Bisley.

Have also enjoyed a red dot on my SRH using custom rings, amazed with the results. Like other powerful DAs, but Ruger is my favorite. This gun is a DA handgun hunter's dream. Have fun.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts