Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SRH is great and I love it, (has a 6 shot cylinder). When I point the brl to the floor/ground open the cylinder to eject rounds used or not. Pushing the ejector rod from the bottom up often the brass will fall past the ejector star and back into the chamber, tying up the revolver until I can free the brass from under the ejector star.
My question is should I send this back to Ruger. Will Ruger replace it, or repair it and is this a common problem with this model.
Thanks Erich

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I believe the proper way to do this is "muzzle up" to allow gravity to help remove the rounds. This is the way I was taught to do a combat reload on a revolver.....

Others may have a different thought. YMMV.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yes it's a common problem, the 480 Ruger has a small rim on it so that you can have a 6 shot cylinder. 45 Colt has the same issue in a DA revolver. Just learn to point muzzle up when ejecting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, yes you both are correct and I do normally empty the cylinder by tipping the brl up but I do like to do it the other way hitting the ejector rod and taking them out with my fingers.
Thanks for the help
Erich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts