Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my Ruger hand guns...GP100, SP101 .327,Blackhawk 45/45acp ,SR9 and last but not least my MK2 with hushpro suppressor.:)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
All great Rugers Kiwi.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If there is a more beautiful gun than a Ruger Blackhawk, I have not seen it yet. Love em. Nice collection Kiwi. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Very nice collection!

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Kiwi, tell us about your suppressor. I bet you can hardly hear that little MK2 go off.
Hey Tom ,the suppressor is a locally made Hushpro brand ,all suppressed .22s have a significantly reduced sound signature and i use the suppressor in a triple role on my 10/22 , a bolt action Voere, and also on my H&R 17HMR ...i have four suppressors with the Hushpro having the biggest diameter it seems the more volume the more suppression....very quiet especially with CCI subsonic or std velocity....great fun to use suppressed firearms on bunnies they know not where its coming from;):)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Very nice family of Ruger's Kiwi! ;)

Good luck & happy shootin' with all.

Thanks for sharing with us!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Nice collection Kiwi. I'll have the Blackhawk please. .45 Colt in a Blachawk is hard to beat. ;)
Next, I'd like the .22 please. Very useful. :)
-Bruce

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice collection Kiwi. I'll have the Blackhawk please. .45 Colt in a Blachawk is hard to beat. ;)
Next, I'd like the .22 please. Very useful. :)
-Bruce
Bruce how are you mate?...Yep the more i handle the Blackhawk the more i like it ,especially with the antler grips fitted courtesy of Southerngunner....theres something about Antler grips.;):)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
great fun to use suppressed firearms on bunnies they know not where its coming from;):)
That's the way it should be mate, in a heartbeat..... :D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Bruce how are you mate?...Yep the more i handle the Blackhawk the more i like it ,especially with the antler grips fitted courtesy of Southerngunner....theres something about Antler grips.;):)
Hi Kiwi, I'm hanging in there. ;)
YUP, There's something about antler grips alright. :)
I once had a Blackhawk in .45 colt, but I foolishly sold it. It was one of my favorite guns.
As an aside, do you remember those western movies where they used to say; Don't move, I've got the drop on you? Well, a fellow explained to me that this was correct. Back then with those large caliber Black Powder .44/.45's you had to calculate the drop at the distance of your target. :eek:
I remember estimating the drop at roughly one hundred yards once, and coming scary close to hitting the target, and actually hitting it sometimes. It seemed more like lobbing the shots in. It was fun. :D
-Bruce

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Kiwihunter...very nice collection sir! Hope you're able to enjoy them for a long time!

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Kiwi, I'm hanging in there. ;)
YUP, There's something about antler grips alright. :)
I once had a Blackhawk in .45 colt, but I foolishly sold it. It was one of my favorite guns.
As an aside, do you remember those western movies where they used to say; Don't move, I've got the drop on you? Well, a fellow explained to me that this was correct. Back then with those large caliber Black Powder .44/.45's you had to calculate the drop at the distance of your target. :eek:
I remember estimating the drop at roughly one hundred yards once, and coming scary close to hitting the target, and actually hitting it sometimes. It seemed more like lobbing the shots in. It was fun. :D
-Bruce
My son is a dab hand at the art of "lobbing" .22 subsonicS with our 10/22 taking out magpies and rabbits at over a 100yds regularly hes used it with subs that much hes got the "Drop" thing down to a fine art...cheers Bruce KIWI

1 - 20 of 21 Posts