Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had one of those years ago. It was nowhere near as reliable as the banana mags. Obviously things could have changed in quality and reliability over time, but I still think the banana mags are less bulky and better.

Rob

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I had one of those years ago. It was nowhere near as reliable as the banana mags. Obviously things could have changed in quality and reliability over time, but I still think the banana mags are less bulky and better.

Rob
Good to know...do you recall what the malfunction was and the reason for it...

I have taped two bananas together and it worked fine but one was a malfunctioning bx-25 and the other was a TI-25...I would do it again for run and gun or something like that but not for every day plinking...more trouble than it is worth imo...

However...if that 50 rounder was a good one that might be worth getting...

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I cant help on the mag you showed, but if you decide on another mag, I will recommend the Black Dog 50 round drum. Its not cheap, but mine has worked surprisingly well... Its a hoot in my Charger...

1022 50 Round Drum

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I cant help on the mag you showed, but if you decide on another mag, I will recommend the Black Dog 50 round drum. Its not cheap, but mine has worked surprisingly well... Its a hoot in my Charger...

1022 50 Round Drum
People don't talk much about Black Dog but I have about 20 of their 25 rounders. Think they actually hold 27. They are 95% as good as the BX-25 but at half the price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good to know...do you recall what the malfunction was and the reason for it...

I have taped two bananas together and it worked fine but one was a malfunctioning bx-25 and the other was a TI-25...I would do it again for run and gun or something like that but not for every day plinking...more trouble than it is worth imo...

However...if that 50 rounder was a good one that might be worth getting...
If I recall, it was things like jams in the mag itself and feeding problems.

Get the 50 round banana mag. That's the one I like best.

Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts
^^This

As far as the "Banana Mags" go, stick with the Butler Creek "Steel Lips". They need to be shot a lot and the feed lips work good when kept clean with Reel Magic. A silicon spray found in sporting goods fishing areas. The main use for Reel Magic is for poly fishing line to keep it casting freely and untangled but it works great on any polymer product.

TK

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do have two 50 round clips like the one your talking about I think they work fine but are a pain in the butt to load.
Jeff
I'm surprised.

I find it much easier to wind up the drum and drop the rounds in than to stuff them into the tops.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I bought one years ago when they first came out. Didn't work worth a damn when it was cold. The rubber belt would drag on the case. Warm weather it was great.

Be sure to keep it clean and don't lube it at all. If I follow those rules and us it when it's warm out I have no problems. It will feed as fast as I can shoot.

I think it's easier to load too.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I bought one years ago when they first came out. Didn't work worth a damn when it was cold. The rubber belt would drag on the case. Warm weather it was great.

Be sure to keep it clean and don't lube it at all. If I follow those rules and us it when it's warm out I have no problems. It will feed as fast as I can shoot.

I think it's easier to load too.
The cold makes sense. Even I don't funtion as good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts