Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, here it is as I promised. I havent got a range report yet as its been too cold. Im not the best photographer lol! I will update the family photo soon!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Man that's a beauty Aszor. I'd give my eye teeth for that one. Had one many years ago and lets it go in a trade. Young and dumb. Great gun and your going to have a ball with it. Load up some light .44spls and the little boy can shoot it to.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Nice...very nice, but it's not stainless. Just so it doesn't spoil your collection, feel free to send it to me immediately. (What we don't do to help out our friends!:D)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol! I hear ya Baldy! ya I know its not Stainless and yes it does look abit odd in my collection, but it will do!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Great looking gun! I seen one in my local shop the other day. Wish I could afford one to go with my .357 Anniversary gun.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

Great looking gun! I seen one in my local shop the other day. Wish I could afford one to go with my .357 Anniversary gun.
I want the .357 Anniversary now, But can not find one up here in Canada yet! Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by white dog

Aszor, is that any different from the old one except for the grips. Looks like you are having a heat wave up there.
I believe aside from the grips and the transfer bar system and steel gripframe, its pretty much the same gun, although I am by no means a expert with revolvers. Ya white dog, you could say its a bit of a heat wave :)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Baldy

What a guy. Aszor you can't ask for a better friend than Rman.
Thanks for standing up for me Baldy...looks like it's not going to work though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice. I've yet to see mine. I won the 50th Set at one of the Auction Sites. They are due to ship out today or Wednesday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have one of these, and I love it ! It could have been custom made just for me. The grips look like the old Colt hard rubber grips, and the XR3 frame is small enough that I can really get a grip on it and don't need Pachmayers. The flat top frame looks great, but the best part is probably the free spin pawl ! The trigger is pretty good out of the box; I don't see needing the usual (for me) Wolfe spring kit. Finally, the barrel is long enough to consider making some longer shots.
The only think I can see doing to it is putting in a Bisley hammer, but I don't know if that would work. Has anybody done that ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts