Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had cooler temps this morning and a nine groups of loads to test so I headed out. These were all 140gr ELD Match bullets, all loaded with H4350. They all shot sub MOA at 100yds, but I think I know which load I’m running with. The next step is to fine tune with the seating depth.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy, I was shooting my RPR with a Nightforce 5.5x22-56 on top. I didn’t take a bench so I thought I’d use the roof of my truck.....not the best idea. I had other “one hole” groups and I’d yank the last shot. I knew it didn’t feel right when I touched it off. I also shot the 22-250, I shot that off the hood out to 500, it was a more natural shooting position. Dang grasses were to tall to go prone.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark I’m going to pass your 6.5 CM information on to my son in law who has a 6.5 CM thx!!

Gary, Did I pass load data in a one of our PM's? If so it may have change, but if your son-in-law wants it let me know. There's no guarantee it will preform as well but it may be a good place to start. These are not hot loads either, they're right around 2600fps, but they print pretty good.

·
Major
1,624 Posts
Thanks Randy, I was shooting my RPR with a Nightforce 5.5x22-56 on top. I didn’t take a bench so I thought I’d use the roof of my truck.....not the best idea.
Tried that once a long time ago with a 14” .30-30 barrel on my contender ... blew the dome light and head liner out of the ceiling on my station wagon. No permanent damage, fortunately.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I need to find some H4350. I have had luck finding imr4350 but not H4350. I could order some but too stubborn to pay the Hazmat fee.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need to find some H4350. I have had luck finding imr4350 but not H4350. I could order some but too stubborn to pay the Hazmat fee.
I guess I'm lucky, Grafs here locally always the "H" powder. I think I saw some at Cabelas, Bass Pro or whatever they call the place now, the downside was they wanted $35 a pound.

I don't know if you have your mind set on H4350 or are willing to try something else. Granted H4350 is probably the best powder for the 6.5, but RL16 is very good too. The results are as good as H4350 with some reporting higher muzzle velocities without excessive pressure.

DO NOT waste your time with IMR4350, yes it is "close" to H4350 in many respects and Nosler has data for it but the accuracy just isn't there.......Ask me how I know. Personally I don't know anyone who's had success with IMR4350 in the Creed.

Here's a link to one of the other forums I'm on, there is a boatload of 6.5 data here.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/search/77937977/?q=6.5+creedmoor+load+data&o=relevance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts