Ruger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I cannot see why a Ruger American Rifle or RAP would be any more accurate vs the TC Compass. In fact Thompson Center TC Compass are guaranteed to shoot under 1 inch at 100 yards with use of premium ammo!
I would say they are similar in accuracy.

I don’t think the RAR/RAP carries a guarantee like this!
Ruger claims MOA of accuracy, but no gaurantee. My .243 win. shoots well for me and I am average at best :)

They could have sold either rifle to me. But came right out and told me more bang for the buck aka dollars spent. The TC Compass had more features for less cost $$$.
I don't know about more features, but I would say different features. One I see, as we discussed, is the safety is different. Another is the barrel, but both I believe will produce MOA accuracy. No, question the difference in MSRP is $130 in favor of the Compass and a possible rebate. I am not eligible for a rebate. I think it is great TC is offering Veterans a rebate and hope they continue to do so. For me, right now there is a $60 difference in favor of the Compass.

.........but in the end I am extremely satisfied!!! But with most of today’s centerfire bolt action rifles have ugly composite stocks........end results I would put a Boyds Stock on!!!
Great to hear! Also, that is one good looking Compass. I really like the Forest Camo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The Glass Is Half Full

The great thing about this discussion is we have options, in affordable price brackets, for American made, good shooting rifles which offer competitive features. I read somewhere:

We are spoiled with the features and accuracy of today's rifle market at the price point they are offered. Years ago, if you got your hands on a rifle that shot well you better hold on to it. Now we demand everyone to be that way out of the box.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
The great thing about this discussion is we have options, in affordable price brackets, for American made, good shooting rifles which offer competitive features. I read somewhere:

We are spoiled with the features and accuracy of today's rifle market at the price point they are offered. Years ago, if you got your hands on a rifle that shot well you better hold on to it. Now we demand everyone to be that way out of the box.
Yes and truth be known these rifles mentioned are all good in so many ways!!!:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I made a decision.

Well, I decided on the RAP! I just like my RAP .243 win too much not to try it in a new caliber. I will be shocked if I am disappointed. I ordered it without a scope.

Glass wise I will probably look at Leupold, Redfield, Bushnell or Hawke.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts