Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ruger Government 7-inch B-u-l-l barrel....didn't know a 7-inch model was made...??? I've seen many of these but not with a 7-inch bull barrel....

Can anyone here add to my knowledge base about this Ruger...?

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Yea most of them are 5 1/2 or less. The only 6 7/8 bull barrels are either slab-side or the Hunter.

Neat find, got pics?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I understand they are the same model Ruger supplies to the military for training. I believe all are Mark IIs. They have “Government Target Model” stamped on the right side of the receiver behind the ejection port, adjustable trigger and rear sights.

I found one last year and enjoy the hell out of it… the 6 7/8” barrel is a real nail driver; I almost like shooting it over my KP89.

You’ll have fun with it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Powderburn, you did say "bull" barrel? Usually they are at 8" or even out to 10inch, but the "bull" barrels, run 4in, 5 1/2", and the others are slightly tapered, as said above 6 7/8in.......
over the years we have cut quite a few of the LONG 10in guns down to a variety of lengths, mostly 6 in "even", yes, some 5 in but I do NOT recall ever doing one to 7in.......never say never, with out seeing the "crown" and other barrel markings, I'd have to just "wonder" if..................

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by rugerguy

Powderburn, you did say "bull" barrel? Usually they are at 8" or even out to 10inch, but the "bull" barrels, run 4in, 5 1/2", and the others are slightly tapered, as said above 6 7/8in.......
over the years we have cut quite a few of the LONG 10in guns down to a variety of lengths, mostly 6 in "even", yes, some 5 in but I do NOT recall ever doing one to 7in.......never say never, with out seeing the "crown" and other barrel markings, I'd have to just "wonder" if..................
I've been looking at Rugers for nearly 40 years and this one caught my eye....This appears to be factory original, and it is the same size bull barrel (OD) as on the 5.5" model except the length is approx 7-inches long.

The crown is the typical factory crown like a pyramid with part of the top cut off...for pix's

powderburn at cox dot net

1 - 7 of 7 Posts