Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and i hope this is the right place to get some help.

I purchased a 77/17 WSM (18.5" Green laminate) last year and i decided to get an after market trigger.

At the start of the year i ordered a Jard trigger through Brownells Australia, but Brownells discontinued these triggers. I changed the order to a Rifle Basix (RU-R).

I installed this trigger but it did not engage with the sear. I filed a bit of my sear to increase the shelf for the trigger but it still didn't work. I returned this to Brownells and they refunded my money.

Next i purchased a Jard trigger (#1184) directly from Jard. It arrived last week and i installed it. I tried a few of the different springs, measured the weights, set the engagement and over travel. I was very happy.

Then i went to replace the action in the stock. There was no way i would be able to fit the trigger guard with this trigger. I removed the action, removed the sear and just left the trigger. Even with just the trigger, the trigger guard can not be installed correctly. The trigger is hard up against the guard.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I am hoping Jard has just sent me the wrong profile trigger, or does anyone know if Ruger has changed the design (i doubt this)?

Regards,

PJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts