Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying another one of these.I had to sell mine a few years ago:(It was the laminate HB target model,got a trigger job done and it shot 3/4" at 100yds. with HSM factory ammo.:D I sure miss it more than I thought I would:eek:.Anybody here shoot a Hornet ?Was mine more accurate than average or can I expect the same from a new one ? Thanks.

·
Banned
700 Posts
A buddy had one but it didn't shoot like yours. More like 1.5 /100yds. He sold it. I'm sure it could have been made to group better with a little tweaking but he wasn't in the mode and opted for the .223.

SD

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My brother had a NEF single shot in .22 Hornet. It was quite accurate. I was upset he sold it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had one of the wood/blue models a while back. It would do 3/4" all day too, even with a lousy trigger. I was gonne have a trigger job done, but fell in love with something else and traded it off. One issue I had with it was the too-short rotary magazine... 45-50 grain spitzers had to be seated deeper than I cared. I do miss it,and have been eyeing a heavy bbl laminated version on the used rack at Cabelas. But, they are putting the Rem 799s on sale soon and I may need to check out the length of the magazine box...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.