Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a nice looking 77/22 today. It looked about 95% and had a cheap scope on it. Asking $625. I don't know much about them but that seemed high. Sure was pretty.:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is about what the All-Weather 24" stainless laminated stock version goes for new. I have one, it's a great shooter. My CZ does a little better with the expensive ammo but the Ruger holds it's own with the cheap stuff. Mine hasn't seen much use so the trigger is still a bit heavy. I suspect it'll do even better with a lighter trigger.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is about what the All-Weather 24" stainless laminated stock version goes for new. I have one, it's a great shooter. My CZ does a little better with the expensive ammo but the Ruger holds it's own with the cheap stuff. Mine hasn't seen much use so the trigger is still a bit heavy. I suspect it'll do even better with a lighter trigger.

Nice looking rifle. I don't see a lot of them in the lgs. I thought $400 would have been a fair price for it. Saw it at Cabellas.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Which Cabelas? The Tulalip store is only about 40 miles from me.

You can get a CZ 452 for about $400. Nice gun and very accurate. Doesn't quite have the feel of the Ruger 77/22 which to me feels like a quality adult sized centerfire rifle with than a 22. I've also grown quite fond of a flush mounted ten round Magazine with the option to get crazy and use a BX-25 in target rich environments.

I really like both of mine.

The CZ's are mighty nice though, especially for the money.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which Cabelas? The Tulalip store is only about 40 miles from me.

You can get a CZ 452 for about $400. Nice gun and very accurate. Doesn't quite have the feel of the Ruger 77/22 which to me feels like a quality adult sized centerfire rifle with than a 22. I've also grown quite fond of a flush mounted ten round Magazine with the option to get crazy and use a BX-25 in target rich environments.

I really like both of mine.

The CZ's are mighty nice though, especially for the money.
Its the one in Marysville, WA. Its only been there about six months and is about half the size as the one down south.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.