Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this 77/22lr since I was very young and have not shot it in years. I started wondering what the value was for something like this and I usually go to gunbroker and can get a good estimate but these seem to be really rare. Read something that said not too many 77/22's were made in 22lr, they since moved to .22 Hornet?

Not that I would ever sell this rifle but can anyone help me put a value on it? I believe it was purchased in the late 80's or early 90's, in pretty mint condition.

·
Super Moderator
4,231 Posts
I moved this to the what’s my firearm worth subforum.
The 77/22 was made in a wide variety of configurations. The members here can give you a better idea if we knew more about the rifle and it’s configuration. Is it the varmint? The blued walnut version? The stainless steel boat paddle stock version? Each one has its own range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes, it's the blued walnut version. Came with a 10 rd mag. I can put up some pics tomorrow

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have the stainless boat paddle version.
Loved the stainless far more than I hate the ugly synthetic boat paddle.

In the end, it is worth what it sells for.
Today is a seller's market.
Be sure to include a few boxes of 22LR with the sale.
That will sweeten the deal a whole lot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMO rare is a bit arbitrary but if someone is willing to pay it could be worth up to 800 if you find the right buyers these days

·
Registered
444 Posts
Rarity is a variable term, isn't it?
My 77/22 is from the first run in the mid-80s so Ruger has made these for decades but they only produce limited numbers when they do make any new ones.
They only make limited numbers because many people aren't willing to pay top dollar for a rimfire rifle so they are not a crazy-popular model.

I love mine, it was a gift from the wife and I will pass it down to our son someday. But I have 10/22s that are more accurate, more fun to shoot and I can knock them around without worry.

The new American Rimfire rifles are getting great reviews and there are a number of models. I suspect they are knocking down the used price of the 77/22.

·
Registered
12 Posts
These seem to have gone down a bit in demand recently, although, the way the market is today, it may be completely different by tomorrow. I'd say $500 minimum, and possibly quite a bit more in an auction listing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts