Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys got one of these? I really like mine, but I had to buy the .209 primer conversion kit from Cabela's to get it to go off each and every time. Now it is a reliable tack driver. Pretty good looking stock too, not to be real walnut.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Think I can revive a 6year old thread??

Ive got two, both Stainless with grey laminate stocks.
I have a 209 kit but never installed it. They both have musket cap nipples on them and theyre reliable.

As for deer hunting, we just make note to change the primer a couple time during the day.

Prior to this I had some off brand old style Black powder that never reliably fired.. sold that for a T/C Omega... that gun grouped 3 shots all 12" apart consistantly... sold that off and finally got my 77/50. Drive nails with that gun!!

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I understand the usefullness of such uzzleloaders. But maybe because I was a young child during the civil war centennial and grew up wth fess parker as davy crockett and daniel boone and lived near navy arms nj store for many years. Ah the stuff you found there and the stuff I bought there. but I digress. I have always liked traditonal muzzleloaders with wood stock and flint or percussion cap firing.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I have two unfired. I bought the Musket Cap breech plugs for them.The one is a All Weather. Then I got right as they were being discontinued a gray laminated S/S one. I got addicted to my Knight DISC.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Why do your guys have to keep posting about ruger firearms I didnt know about???? Here goes another one on the want list :D

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Why do your guys have to keep posting about ruger firearms I didnt know about???? Here goes another one on the want list :D
Unfortunately these were discontinued in 2004. I imagine they are getting scarce.

77/50 Muzzleloader - Includes Standard and Officer's Models
(Manufactured from 1997 - 2004)
Caliber: .50 Black Powder Only

·
Registered
340 Posts
What is the going rate on these SS used? I may have to look for one. I remember when the were on clearance but never did pick one up.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have the All Weather Stainless model with the Cabelas 209 primer kit installed. Throughly enjoy the rifle for sure, great addition for any Ruger Nut to own one. Especially in those states that do not allow "Rifled" guns for deer season. I almost prefer this to a rifled shotgun slugged barrel, but that's only my 2 cents on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ruger M77/50 NEW IN BOX

Though the M77/50 has been discontinued since 2004, there is a gun shop in Elk Grove, CA that still has 3 of them new in the box for sale ($499). One is the officer's model with straight stock, one is walnut/blue steel and the 3rd one is all weather. If anyone is interested, I will give you the contact info and you can move forward from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope I don't cross a line by resurecting an old thread. This thread comes up pretty high in the search engines, so it seems appropriate.

Badger Ridge Industries Products offers the best 209 conversion for these rifles. Seals the breech and allows the use of BlackHorn 209 powder. Black horn even put it on their blog.

Hope it helps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts