Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have trouble with the shoulder collapsing & becoming sharper so it don't want to let my bolt close??? I'm not sure if I had my resizing die set too low or its me!... Then I thought after firing them it would blow out the shoulder to fix this next loading but doesn't seem like it does! Any help suggestions etc is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been shooting a .375 Ruger for about four years and have not had a bit of trouble reloading for my Hawkeye African. My dies are RCBS. I believe that you do not have your dies adjusted well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had this same issue, but not with 375Ruger brass, I've found it is one of the easiest big bore's to reload for (and I load a LOT of big bore calibers!). You need to check the OAL of the completed cartridge vs the OAL of the manual, if it is too long, it will cause this issue. If that is correct, increase your crimp a bit, when I had this problem, I wasn't shaping the belled mouth of the brass tight enough around the bullet and the brass would catch on the loading ramp.
Either way, I'd take the dies off of the press and reset them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this same problem happen. It was a long time ago and I forget how I solved it, except I remember it was caused by too much pressure in the top of the case while seating the bullet, that pressed the width of the shoulder outward. This is when I learned to load a few rounds to finish and make sure they chamber smoothly before I seat 50 bullets on top of carefully measured powder :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts