Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other 77 RSI 250 Sav owners here? I bought mine back in the late 80's and still love it. This little thing has been lights out on any deer I hit with it, assuming I hit them where it counts, LOL. I am down to my last box of 100 gr Silvertips.

Steve..........

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Wow sounds like a very nice rifle I killed many a deer with my .243 Winchester as well, not the same caliber but close enough!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had a 77RL in 250 (Ultra Lite).
There is just something about a 250 Savage. I've had several and still have THREE in the safe- two Ruger 77R and one Ruger 77 Mark II with a Shilen barrel in 250 Savage Ackley Imp.
WHAT I think it is - It has plenty of power for big game, and mild enough recoil that lets most of us that shoot one do our best which results in proper bullet placement on game.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had an Encore pistol and rifle barrel in 250 Sav, one of those 'wish I hadn't sold them' things. I have a 1910 Mexican Mauser I barreled in 250 Sav Imp and really like it also.

Steve..........

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a bunch of M77 MKII RSI's but not in .250... .243, .270, 7X57, .308 and .30/06... and a rechambered/rebored one in .358 Win. Really nice carry rifles... not as nice as the No.1 Internationals (I have a bunch of those also)... but they are close. They feel good slung over the shoulder or carried and are very solid mounted at shoulder... and they tend to point right where you are looking, making fast shots... well, faster.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are there any other 77 RSI 250 Sav owners here? I bought mine back in the late 80's and still love it. This little thing has been lights out on any deer I hit with it, assuming I hit them where it counts, LOL. I am down to my last box of 100 gr Silvertips.

Steve..........
I had a 243 RSI when I walked into my local gun shop 3 years ago and there was one of my bucket list RSI in 250-3000. About 5 minutes later the deal was done. Hunted with it 2 years and this year my Grandson wants to use it. I like entrance and exit holes for easier tracking so 1 have loaded up on Hornady 117 grain round nose innerlocs. Can't wait for this season.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a bunch of M77 MKII RSI's but not in .250... .243, .270, 7X57, .308 and .30/06... and a rechambered/rebored one in .358 Win. Really nice carry rifles... not as nice as the No.1 Internationals (I have a bunch of those also)... but they are close. They feel good slung over the shoulder or carried and are very solid mounted at shoulder... and they tend to point right where you are looking, making fast shots... well, faster.
I would love to get one in 358 win. I currently have a Browning BLR takedown in 358 win. It is a hammer on deer and hogs. Did you have that RSI bored out to 358 or buy it that way?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts