Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine at work is thinking about getting a M77-RSI in .308 Winchester. He and I are wondering if anybody has any experience with the RSI model and in particular, is that model accurate?

·
Registered
37 Posts
We've only got one RSI but wish we had more. The one we have is .243 and it's very accurate. The guy we bought it from shortened the stock by one inch and every time I think about getting a new buttstock the wife threatens to use it on me. It fits her just fine and she really enjoys shooting it.

The RSI and the.308 are both inherently accurate.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts

This is my 77 mkII rsi in 308. About one handy rifle. Wears a 4x scope and from the bench can keep it around 1.5" @ 100 yds (3 shots). Also have a 77 rsi in 250 savage. It also wears a 4x scope. It came to us years ago abused with a rough bore but it will still do about 1.8" @ 100. I like the tang safety of the 77 a bit better as the 77 is a bit more slim in the grip compared to the 77 mkII.
Got this 308 last year and even though it is not a hawkeye it came with the LC-6 trigger. Still a tad heavy in pull but it is crisp and not bad for a hunting rifle.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I've had my 308 RSI for about 15 years or so, killed 9 deer with it and a few coyotes. I like it. It has 2.5C Weaver on it, very accurate, although I've never killed a deer over 100 yards with it.

I want a No 1 RSI in 3006 or 7mm Mauser....

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've sold them in .243 and .308. They are pretty with the full length stock. Some of the guys wish they had a regular sling stud on the stock so they could mount a bi-pod. The swivel thingy can dent the wood if one is not careful. Too pretty of a gun to put a dent in the stock. That is the only thing I do not like about them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a 308 rsi and it would not sight in for beans. It would shoot a pattern instead of groups. Traded for a remington mdl 7 in 308. I must have got the rare lemon. I still prefer Rugers!! greg [:p]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts