Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have a lot of range area around to shoot so Ive always sighted my guns in at 1.5 inch high at 75 yds. Its always seemed to work good. I shot 1 deer at around 225 and hit in the spine and another at 40 yds and also hit high. I am second guessing my sight in with the 7mm compared to my other guns now. I am new to the 7 mag and need opions on where impact should be with this round. They are reminton core lokt 150 gr. Any opinons appreciated. It could just be me too but I ve always been a pretty steady shot.

·
Registered
414 Posts
7mm Remington Mag.

This should give you a good starting place. I would highly recommend that you use the lower chart listed if your looking to get the most from your 7mm capabilities. I always use a 200 yard zero for my 7mm Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag and 224 TTH. Remember too that in order to get the flattest trajectory look to very stream lined bullets with high BC numbers as this will do more to to keep it flat than cramming another 1/10 th of a grain of powder in the case! In 7mm this will usually call for the use of 160 grain bullets or there abouts most of the time. Some of the lighter bullets with a good BC will give you flatter results but will fail miserably and blow up on game at the shorter ranges where the velocities are very high. So while a lot of bullets in the 150-160 grain range might not look as good on paper they will perform better at all ranges over all from a terminal ballistics stand point. Just saying...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts