Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Ruger ever make an 8" GP100? I have always had a thing for my 8" Python and 8" 686's and would like to add a Ruger the stable. How about a hybred kind of like a Smython or Smolt (S&W/Colt)?

MadDog :confused:

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Im no expert. There may have been Distributor Exclusives that I dont know about, but looking back through my catalogs from the start of the GP100, it looks like 6" was the longest.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Be careful what you wish for...

I had an 8 3/8in S&W M27. Really nice gun but I felt like the Joker trying to shoot down the Bat Plane every time I took it out. It because a safe queen and then out the door for that reason.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Have to admit that if there was such a thing, I might be tempted, though I already have the long barreled 357 thing cornered with my Contenders.

From a sales standpoint, 8" 357s have never been a big seller, even in the glory days of silhouette shooting. With today's demand for revolvers for CCW and SD work, the long barreled stuff would probably be even less of a seller. Just can't see it happening with Ruger, but who knows?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Never seen an 8" nor heard of one. But with ruger you just never know. I did see a really cool 6" on GB recently - the original owner had Magnaport port it and cut rectangle slots in the top of the barrel ala "Colt Python look" and polished to a mirror shine. Looked really impressive - but expensive. Wish I had thought to capture the pictures before it sold. There was your "Rython"!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts