Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed I'm running out of 9 and 45acp bullets and thought I would ask what's new on the market.

I used to order from berry's, their HHP's, and have great results with them but wondering what's new, inexpensive and can handle loads close to or same as jacketed bullets.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,154 Posts
Try some coated bullets from Missouri Bullet Co. The price is modest, they are accurate and don't foul bores, yet they can be driven to jacketed bullet velocities. Here's their web site: http://www.missouribullet.com/

·
Super Moderator
21,241 Posts
Another good word for the coated bullets from Missouri Bullet Co.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Xtremebullets.com works for me.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,746 Posts
Xtremebullets.com works for me.
I have done alot of business with them too, loaded several thousands of the .223 55 grain fmj's for plinking.

Hey Ranger you noticed their price has been climbing?

Here is another good vendor to add to the ones above, very cost worthy.

https://www.evergladesammo.com

·
"The Real Deal"
6,746 Posts
I see no difference in accuracy, but my P345 only likes 'em seated deep. My other 45's don't care.
Ditto on that, also see no difference 0 to 25 yards on everything from 380 to 45 colt and all in between.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see no difference in accuracy, but my P345 only likes 'em seated deep. My other 45's don't care.
Ditto on that, also see no difference 0 to 25 yards on everything from 380 to 45 colt and all in between.
Thats interesting

I was buying and shooting just about every plated bullet and getting about 5" groups at defensive ranges (under 10 yards or so). I switched to the HHP and started getting <1"-2" raged holes depending on how fast I was shooting. I really expected to hear about the coated bullets being better or worse than regular plated bullets.

What size groups are you getting now?

·
"The Real Deal"
6,746 Posts
This was at 25 yards standing with an extreme 115 out of a glock 19 gen 4 9mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
9 MM and 45 ACP bullets source

Rocky Mountain Reloading (RMR) has good prices and very high quality products. Find them at rmrbullets.com. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rocky Mountain Reloading (RMR) has good prices and very high quality products. Find them at rmrbullets.com. :thumbsup:
WOW! RMR has great prices on their 9mm and the reviews say they're really accurate. The .45's are different story, not much to choose from in the 230gr range.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts