Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 94/44 - awesome gun. I'm anxious to give it a try this fall for white tails and put a small T/C variable on it. One thing in notice is the lever does not lock very well after the gun has been cocked. It will open with minimal downward pressure. It seems loose. After you fire it there's all kinds of tension because it needs to be recocked. Is this common with these guns?

Can anyone give me some details? I don't want the lever to open every time a branch grabs at it, or have some other more serious issue. Everything is in good shape and seems to be working correctly.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see a lot of people have looked at this post and no one has replied...this kinda worries me? Maybe I'm the only one experiencing this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info - I'll take it down and inspect everything. It seems to be a pretty basic design. I know Rugers are pretty rugged guns, generally speaking. There's a spring and plunger that detent into the lever, perhaps the spring is weak??

I got a couple of boxes of 240 Grain Gold Dot JHPs to try her out. They claim to get 1400fps out of a revolver, should be pretty potent out of the 18.5" barrel.

Any other ammo recommendations? I wanted to go with Cor Bon or Buffalo Bore Deer Grenades but they just seemed to pricey. I don't reload. My use is for NH white tails, probably ~ 50 yds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speer Gold Dot 240 gr HP

Anyone use these in a 96/44? I left out "Speer" in my post...didn't want to be cryptic.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Oh my manners, Welcome to the forum tis a good mob here.

best luck with your lever fix, some one with the know on 44m should be along soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts