Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found any aftermarket night sights for the 9E? I have had no luck in the search! And the ones I e mailed said in the future they may!
Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
511 Posts
Many on this site have searched in vane for replacements.
When I asked my lgs owner, he was sure that the SR9 sights would work. But no they do not. Ruger does not offer them either.
So far no one has produced what many 9e owners are looking for.
Maybe someday.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems that they are cut in a world of their own :O I few places I emailed said maybe but so far no one I can find makes them :( Anyone file down a set from another gun ?

·
Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Radco, I don't want to be tacky, but the 9E is an economical purchase because of the sights, and other low cost options present rather than like on the more expensive SR9. I don't imagine sights for the 9E are in the works. I bought mine because of the price and simplicity. If I had wanted all the bells and whistles, I'd have purchased an SR9 or SR9c. Just sayin. I have had Ruger products since 1972 or so and this has been the practice. Simple and inexpensive is less than bells and whistles. Always. And don't expect upgrades from us in the simple and inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Radco, I don't want to be tacky, but the 9E is an economical purchase because of the sights, and other low cost options present rather than like on the more expensive SR9. I don't imagine sights for the 9E are in the works. I bought mine because of the price and simplicity. If I had wanted all the bells and whistles, I'd have purchased an SR9 or SR9c. Just sayin. I have had Ruger products since 1972 or so and this has been the practice. Simple and inexpensive is less than bells and whistles. Always. And don't expect upgrades from us in the simple and inexpensive.
I agree the 9E is the low price version of the SR series but it doesn't mean nobody will make sights for it! UMO.. I Agree the SR had more bells and whistles but it would seem sights should not be a issue, Too bad they didn't cut the sight slot the same as the SR and use basic sights, The + would be 1 less extra set up :) But I still love my 9E :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
The sight cuts look pretty similar to Novak's from the pictures. I picked up a used 9E and have some 1911 Novak sights that I'm going to try. Stay tuned.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,249 Posts
The sight cuts look pretty similar to Novak's from the pictures. I picked up a used 9E and have some 1911 Novak sights that I'm going to try. Stay tuned.
I think if you search this forum you'll find that someone here tried that before and it didn't work. At least I think that sounds familiar. My memory ain't what it used to be.

I bought the 9e because I preferred the sights (and lack of godawful loaded chamber indicator) so haven't had the hankering to swap yet, but eventually someone might come out with a fiber optic front and I'd spring for that. Might want to email some of the major fiber optic companies to see if they are planning anything and let us know the results. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Talk about a bad memory!, I was referring to my new American .45 which my SR1911 low-mount sights fit perfectly BTW. But I do have a 9E on layaway and will see if the Novak 1911 Sights fit it as well when I get it out of hock. Sorry for the confusion. I pretty much live confused nowadays!

·
Registered
333 Posts
As I posted on another thread here, the sight cuts are the same as any 1911 Novak low mount sights. I installed a set of Sr1911 sights and they fit just fine with the rear sight being just a little narrower. So having tried Novak 1911 sights on my new American 45 and 9E it appears that Ruger uses the same slide cuts on the SR1911, American, and 9E. Be aware that the slide is wider on the American and 9E so you may find the 1911 sights aesthetically displeasing. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts