Ruger Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I was in one of the "big box" outdoor stores today. They get their ammo truck on Wed. Starting with the next delivery, they will be limiting centerfire pistol ammo to 2 boxes per item. They had people from a south of the border shop grab $10k of ammo off of the shelf as soon as they opened. They have 9mm and .45 pistols in stock, but no ammo to sell with them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Current Gunbroker bid on 1000 rounds of Remington 115 gr FMJ is at $615.00. Buy it now price is a mere $899.99. LOL Not to hard to figure out where the retail stock went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last I knew $384.80 for 1,000 comes to $0.385/per rd.

Also, last I knew FL has a 6% sales tax ($21.59), taking the order total to $406.39, which is then $0.406/rd (almost $0.41/rd)

Help me out where I'm wrong.
Looks like he said $384.80 shipped. I’m assuming that includes tax and shipping cost.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Looks like he said $384.80 shipped. I’m assuming that includes tax and shipping cost.
He said it was $17.99/box, $17.99 x 20 = $359.80
+
$25 shipping (total so far $384.80)
+
6% FL sales tax = $21.59
=
$406.39 (total)

$359.80 + $25 + $21.59 = $406.39 (total)

Show me where I'm wrong, I'll be glad to admit I'm wrong, if you can show me where I'm wrong.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My hats off to anyone who reloads, & has invested in the equipment to do so, & has aquired the knowlege to do it in a safe manner. I would rather buy good, name brand ammo, & be confident in what I shoot. A year ago, cheap target 9mm ammo was 8.95 a box, now it's 14.99 a box, & the list goes on. If you decided now is the time to buy ammo, you're gonna pay more for it , IF you can find it. If you want a good weapon to shoot it in, you're gonna pay more for it, IF you can find it .It's a sellers market now in guns, & ammo, & a lot of people with lesser knowlege are getting ripped off. Prices of this stuff has went up, but as usual, when things get in short supply, a lot of folks take advantage & gouge.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
No tax. Total was $384.80 to my door.
So then you're saying you don't live in FL (your profile says you do)?

You stated your LGS price for 147 FMJ as $18.99 + tax (post #10).

So the Molly's (post #20) doesn't collect tax for on-line orders to FL, is that also true for other states with Sales Tax, or just FL?

Also, $384.80 is more then $0.34.4/round (post # 26) I do believe that is $0.38.5/round.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So then you're saying you don't live in FL (your profile says you do)?

You stated your LGS price for 147 FMJ as $18.99 + tax (post #10).

So the Molly's (post #20) doesn't collect tax for on-line orders to FL, is that also true for other states with Sales Tax, or just FL?

Also, $384.80 is more then $0.34.4/round (post # 26) I do believe that is $0.38.5/round.
I don't understand all the questions or nit picking. It was just info on a round price before shipping cost, too much drama.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I don't understand all the questions or nit picking. It was just info on a round price before shipping cost, too much drama.

Facts are facts, and math is math, you made the statements, just trying to understand the math.

The only drama is from you

But that's fine, last you'll hear from me on this.

Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,620 Posts
The range I visited today had .9mm ammo CCI Blazzer, DTX and norma. 115gr. $17.99 per 50 count box. Limit x2
*That's all they had. No SD ammo in .9mm and NO rimfire ammo at all. Plenty of .45 and .40.
*The wife and I stocked up last year and glad we did. I noticed several places we visited had no range ammo at all.
*This is going to be interesting to say the least.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts