Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Ruger: Model 19122 pc 9
4,507 Posts
I have no need for it, but I can tell you that here, among the few country millinial neighbors I have, it will be a hit if available. Part of the reason I get asked to take care of predators is they do not like "real" guns. That, like someone said, looks like a crossman 760 pumpmaster from the 70's I had. It looks "retro". Therefore, they will buy it. If inflation allows. I do not know if they will shoot it (hopefully) or hang it over the mantle (more likely)
They chose a name that envokes what the target audiance will identify with.
For me, function over form. I only need the one 9mm carbine, and the model 19122 is ideal for me in that role. Not my airguns, just a pic I found. I think mine had lighter colored wood. good bb or pellet gun.
Wood Office supplies Tool Hardwood Tints and shades

· Registered
4,507 Posts
In my area it is the exact opposite. Us "old guys" like black rifles. Our youngins like the crap we had in the 70's. I like it all, but having been around the block now, I like things that work. Lose barrel nuts, cracked stocks, pretty wood, just gets torn up. Just me though.

· Registered
4,507 Posts
Pdw is one of those terms I really do not get. I kind of get the gist on one hand, but on the other, nope.
Personal Defense Weapon. I have been schooled on it a few times here in forum land.
The issue is, the term can mean anything to the peson saying it. As it should. The problem is folks say it like it has some specific application.
I just think its odd.
If I am under personal attack by drug runners, maybe a rpg is a pdw, or a laws, or a patriot missile?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts