Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
2,190 Posts

· Registered
2,190 Posts
IMHO ... the wood stock gives it the classy look that I want. The black rifle tacticool tag is a big turn off for me. I get it, the younger crowd is into that look and that's fine to each their own.
One point we can agree on is the MSRP ... it needs to be lower for blue collar guys like me to afford one.
Yeah, my son is one of them. 😕

• Sad
Reactions: rmichael63

· Registered
2,190 Posts
Reactions: maddmatter1970

· Registered
2,190 Posts
Both would fit in the PDW catagory I would think.
I suppose, but I still take exception to calling the M1 Carbine a PCC.

· Registered
2,190 Posts
I 100% agree with you. The .30 caliber M1 Carbine cartridge, while obviously not designed to be a powerful rifle cartridge, was indeed designed to be fired from a lightweight, short overall length, rifle, (hence the cartridge being called the 'M1 Carbine'.
Although the M1 Carbine round may have similarities to some handgun cartridges, it was not intended for handgun use... It was intended for use in a Carbine, (Rifle).
So, you are correct in not considering an M1 Carbine to be a 'PCC', (Pistol Caliber Carbine), because the M1 Carbine cartridge is not a pistol cartridge.

M1 Carbine Cartridge...

The .30 Carbine (7.62×33mm) is a rimless carbine/rifle cartridge used in the M1 carbine introduced in the 1940s. It is a light rifle round designed to be fired from the M1 carbine's 18-inch (458 mm) barrel.
Technically, the M1 Carbine is a CCC (Carbine Caliber Carbine) :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2,190 Posts
I actually never referred to an M1 Carbine as such. My comparison was only to a light weight semi auto rifle.
My mistake then.
The thread is a discussion of Henry's new 9mm PCC and you posted that your M1 Carbine fills that need and I saw no reference to any other light weight semi auto rifle prior to your post, so it seemed you were comparing to the PCC.

· Registered
2,190 Posts
The .30 Carbine is classified as an "intermediate" cartridge and not a pistol cartridge.
I guess that's why I take exception to it being called or compared to a PCC.

· Registered
2,190 Posts
Since PDW's can be anything from sharp pencils and car keys to shoulder-fired AT weapons, you are correct - PDW can mean anything to the person saying it.

The way things are going now, I wouldn't mind having a couple of shoulder-fired AT weapons. A Stinger or two would be nice also.
A personal defense weapon (PDW) is usually defined as a light, compact and easy to use firearm, generally intended for self-defense and security rather than warfare and infantry.

I'm not sure if shoulder fired AT weapons fall into that category. :ROFLMAO:

However, you are correct that the definition changes due to the context.

· Registered
2,190 Posts
I don't find it to be a bad looking carbine and it will have appeal to those who want a PCC but want to stay away from tactical looking ones. (which seem to be most of them now)

I have a friend that chose a wood stocked Mini-14 over an AR for that reason.

ETA: I'm happy with my Marlin Camp 9, so I'm not looking for another 9mm carbine. :)

· Registered
2,190 Posts
I think you you what I was talkin about, but no problem.
I think you knew exactly what you said, but no problem.

· Registered
2,190 Posts
It still is not on the Henry website. I am seeing weight called out at 5+ lbs and 6.6 lbs. We won't know for sure until Henry puts out a spec sheet. Under 6 lbs would be interesting. 6.6 lbs not so much.
6.6lbs would be pretty close to my Marlin Camp 9 @ 6.75lbs. It's a heavy sucker.
So yeah, under 6 would be good..

Reactions: mrmike7189
1 - 11 of 11 Posts