Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Pdw is one of those terms I really do not get. I kind of get the gist on one hand, but on the other, nope.
Personal Defense Weapon. I have been schooled on it a few times here in forum land.
The issue is, the term can mean anything to the peson saying it. As it should. The problem is folks say it like it has some specific application.
I just think its odd.
If I am under personal attack by drug runners, maybe a rpg is a pdw, or a laws, or a patriot missile?
Since PDW's can be anything from sharp pencils and car keys to shoulder-fired AT weapons, you are correct - PDW can mean anything to the person saying it.

The way things are going now, I wouldn't mind having a couple of shoulder-fired AT weapons. A Stinger or two would be nice also.

· Registered
1,182 Posts
... generally intended for self-defense and security rather than warfare and infantry.
I'm not sure if shoulder fired AT weapons fall into that category. :ROFLMAO:

However, you are correct that the definition changes due to the context.
We are getting off-topic here, but I like being facetious responding to some replies. With the militarization of the nation's police forces (BearCat's and Sentinel's come to mind) and biden's threat of F15's, shoulder-fired AT and AA weapons just might be needed by the citizenry for self-defense and security.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts