Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16,824 Posts

· Registered
16,824 Posts
I believe it's price will be a big turnoff for most folks. It also has way too much of a bland look about it. If they were going to price it at over $900 MSRP, then it needed to look the part in some way. As it now stands, (based on the pictures available), it doesn't have an exciting modern "black rifle tacticool" look about it, and doesn't have much in the way of an "old school classy" look either.
Maybe if it was being sold as an inexpensive alternative 9mm PCC, but it's price will likely make it mostly a dud on the market, (in my opinion).

Now, if this gun had a MSRP of about $650 - $675, and could maybe be found at a nicer $550 - $600 street price... well, then I feel it would have a better chance of becoming a winner on the market... Again, just my opinion 👍
IMHO ... the wood stock gives it the classy look that I want. The black rifle tacticool tag is a big turn off for me. I get it, the younger crowd is into that look and that's fine to each their own.
One point we can agree on is the MSRP ... it needs to be lower for blue collar guys like me to afford one.

· Registered
16,824 Posts
I'm not saying that it should have been made "tacticool" or "old school classy", only that, imo, it doesn't hit the mark on either.
I mean, yes, it absolutely leans on the traditional end of things, with blued steel and wood... But, imo, it misses the mark at being a classy looking gun. Just like those Crossman BB guns shown above, this new Henry is just a bland looking firearm. And, if you are MSRP'ing it for over $900, then it just seems it should have been made to look the part of a nice traditional firearm with some more class to it.
The version with the Glock magazine well is slated to have a MSRP of over $950... Nope, this 9mm is simply overpriced for what it is.
It's price being high wouldn't be such a bad thing, if what one was getting seemed reasonable for what one was getting.
$900+ for a bland looking PCC... Well, we shall see how it sells. I have never been a fan of Henry's products, and this doesn't change my feelings about them at all.
When it comes to Henry's lever guns, they got a real nice boost in their popularity when Marlin was starting their decline and it went totally bad and even belly up after being sold to Remington. They simply screwed the pooch with their Marlin gun manufacturing. Well, with Ruger slowly, but surely, inching forward with their Marlin lever action guns, the reintroduced competition will certainly be affected by Henry. So, I don't blame Henry for looking to open their base by producing guns that have not been their big focus in the past. That said, this new $900+ PCC of theirs is missing the mark, and mostly because Henry is not keeping this new offering very viable for many folks because of it's price point. It's not that most gun owners couldn't buy one if they wanted to, but at that price range that they are in, many will just balk at having to dish out that much hard earned cash for such a bland gun.
Again, just my opinion.... But, we shall see 👍
That's the nice thing about America, we can all have different opinions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts