Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
Shipping goes down percentage wise if you purchase a large amount. I get together with a group from my gun club and we purchase 4-6 thousand rounds of whatever at a time and shipping is about 10-12% at that level.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Shipping goes down percentage wise if you purchase a large amount. I get together with a group from my gun club and we purchase 4-6 thousand rounds of whatever at a time and shipping is about 10-12% at that level.
I may have to try and get something like that together.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, the shipping charge can kill a good deal.
Last week Cabelas had the same deal and free shipping. I got in on the last day and placed an order. The next day they put the price up to $10.49 and dropped the free shipping. A couple days later they dropped to sale price and went back to their regular price.

If you are going to buy several thousand rounds, try calling the dealer and ask for a better deal. Sometimes this works and you just might get free shipping.

·
Registered
226 Posts
OK, I guess if you like running steel cased ammo made by the ruskies go for it. Not for me though. If it's not made here I won't buy it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The ammo from Cabelas was Magtech brass case (reloadable). I don't know where it is made.
I just looked and it is made in Brazil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts