Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any user thoughts on the EC 9s. Don’t want a .380 for pocket carry. This model looks promising

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you are looking for a true 9 mm pocket pistol, I suggest you look at the Kahr PM9/CM9. It is half an inch shorter in length and half an inch shorter in height, and an ounce lighter. It also has the option to change the sights to suit you needs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looking for any user thoughts on the EC 9s. Don’t want a .380 for pocket carry. This model looks promising
I carry an LC9S Pro and I am very happy with it. It's very accurate, at 10 yards I get a full mag in a 8 inch circle. The recoil is manageable. You might find one used at a good price or you can go with a new EC9 it's almost the same gun.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
I carry an LC9S Pro and I am very happy with it. It's very accurate, at 10 yards I get a full mag in a 8 inch circle. The recoil is manageable. You might find one used at a good price or you can go with a new EC9 it's almost the same gun.

EXACTLY the same here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When wearing a light-weight shirt, I carry the EC9s IWB, appendix carry. I have small hands, so this Ruger is just right for me. Dependable and accurate.

·
One Star
9,629 Posts
My Sig P365,i sometime PC it.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I use a first gen M&P 9c for my pocket carry. You may want to think about the Springfield Hellcat. It's small and holds lots of bullets.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've pocket carried my EC9s and LC9S with no problems. The main thing to be concerned about is the kind of pants and shirts you wear. With tighter clothes it can be a challenge. I wear loose clothing and it works well.

·
Premium Member
13,937 Posts
I will pocket carry my Kimber Micro 9 and am going to try the Springer Hellcat real soon as a pocket pistol also.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I pocket carry a Shield 9mm every day. Choose pants with deep pockets and after a week or so you don't notice the extra weight or bulge. Hardest thing to adjust to was keeping my keys and change in the opposite pocket

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are looking for a true 9 mm pocket pistol, I suggest you look at the Kahr PM9/CM9. It is half an inch shorter in length and half an inch shorter in height, and an ounce lighter. It also has the option to change the sights to suit you needs.
+1 on that, my EDC is a PM9 that can be carried in the pocket with a Desantis Super fly in my case.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have an LC9, it will fit in my front pocket but if I grip the handle I can't draw it. I carry a 642 revolver in my pocket , I can draw with hand on the handle. The PM9 might work better than the Ruger. the 642 is great for a pocket gun. Some don't like revolvers tho.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I used to pocket carry an amt backup in 45 acp in a kraemer pocker holster. I always wore loose slacks with a biigger pocket.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,752 Posts
I pocket carry a Shield 9mm every day. Choose pants with deep pockets and after a week or so you don't notice the extra weight or bulge. Hardest thing to adjust to was keeping my keys and change in the opposite pocket
Revolver-only pocket-gun for me, but let me second that S&W nomination. the Shield 9 is a really good gun, as is the .45.

Shoot one at a range before you buy. I found it handles well, recoil is manageable, and it never malfunctioned in my time shooting one, as a friend and I tested a bunch of 9s.

·
Registered
159 Posts

I too have both the LC9S Pro and EC9S.
I agree with everything CZ say's.
One thing I would suggest is the Houge HandALL Beavertail grip sleeve.
IMO, It really make's it fit the hand well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the LC9s and the LC9s pro. They are excellent pocket pistols. Adjustable sights and not too heavy even with a full magazine. The LC9s has a safety, but it's streamlined and easy to train yourself to flick it off with your thumb as you draw. Training that way won't interfere if carrying the LC9s pro which doesn't have a safety. I can easily pocket carry both, so you should be fine with the EC9s as long as you pay attention to:

The right pants and the right pocket holster.

The pants should have a pocket opening of at least 6 inches. I find that Dockers chinos and most cargo pants are the best. In the summer, wear cargo shorts. You don't want to be wiggling when you need to take out the pistol. Take a small tape measure with you when you buy pants. Ideally, you should have your hand in your pistol pocket all the time so it looks natural. I keep my thumb on the sights so I can withdraw the pistol easily.

A good pocket holster should cover at least some of the trigger and be sticky enough that it stays in your pocket as you withdraw the pistol. I have the DeSantis Nemesis and the Superfly. I don't like the Nemesis. it comes out with the pistol sometimes. The Superfly is considerably more expensive, but has a stickier coating so that it stays in the pocket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your pockets may vary, but I have never been able to pocket carry a 9mm comfortably & I've tried most. PM9, Micro9, P365 - all smaller than the LC9. The LCP is the only pistol I've been able to pocket carry, I accept that it is only a .380.

I also accept the fact that I am more willing to adapt to a pistol that fits MY pocket rather than adapt my pockets to fit a particular gun.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts