Ruger Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
EC9s returned

My EC9s has been sent back to Ruger numerous times for repair. The first two times were for a broken striker, and the second time the pistol had only been dry-fired. Ruger replaced the slide and striker assembly both times. When the EC9s was brand new, the slide got stuck during an initial field strip. I missed the NOTE on instruction #5 (don’t rack the slide without the takedown pin installed). The tech at Ruger advised me over the phone to bash the slide with a hammer until the slide returned to its proper position, which I reluctantly did. The slide again got stuck, along with the barrel. No bashing helped this time. The pistol was returned to Ruger for repair the third time. Ruger decided to destroy the pistol and send me a replacement. I bought a second one since I liked the first one so much (in spite of the problems). Both the new one and the replacement exhibited frequent failures to feed. Both went back to Ruger. They both are now functioning fine. Ruger customer service has been courteous, helpful, superb, fantastic. I like the EC9s because I shoot accurately with it. I like how it feels in my hands. I like the safety, the magazine disconnect, the takedown process, the sights (I painted the front), the trigger, the magazine latch, and the slide serrations. I’ve had to send back Security 9s four times for repair and an LCP II twice, all within a year. Ruger reliability does not match customer support in my experience.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My wife carries the LC9s, and it is a wonderful gun. Trigger breaks at 4.5 lbs, as good as any I can build on a 1911. I have both the Glock 43 and KelTec Pf9 and several 380s. The Keltec is the smallest made, 12.7 ounces and smaller than the Glock. I carry in the front pocket of jeans and it never shows. The Glock and the Ruger both stick out of the pocket.

The KelTec is not for recoil sensitive as it is so light, but worth it to me. Mine has never had an issue. I carried handguns for 4 different law enforcement agencies going back 50 years, and I have zero worries with the KelTec and highly recommend it. It is in my pocket ever day while a couple dozen more expensive guns others carry ever day, are in my safe. FWIW

·
Banned
195 Posts
For some reason, I want to try the lightweight Keltec. Especially after purchasing the P32. I like the fact that the parts are so easy to replace to include a complete grip and trigger assembly. I would also like to shoot the DiamondBack DB9 Gen4.
No they will not replace my Beretta or Kahr, but there is just something I find intriguing about them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I too carry the LC9 and find it light, accurate, and manageable. You won’t be sorry with an EC9, promise.

·
Banned
195 Posts
For some reason, I want to try the lightweight Keltec. Especially after purchasing the P32. I like the fact that the parts are so easy to replace to include a complete grip and trigger assembly. I would also like to shoot the DiamondBack DB9 Gen4.
No they will not replace my Beretta or Kahr, but there is just something I find intriguing about them.

I also want to try out a Naroh N1. One of my range buddies called the other day and was crazy happy with it. Said he sold his newer Sig 365 which it bought last October. Said this little gun shot much better. And happy to get a DOA hammer fired gun this smooth. To tell you the truth, I had never even heard about it until I got the call from him.

https://naroharms.com/naroh-n1/

41 - 46 of 46 Posts