Ruger Forum banner

Would you buy a 9mm SR1911 if Ruger made one?

• Yes

Votes: 86 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 12.3%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Ruger came out with the SR1911 in 9mm would you buy one?

I know I would. I love 1911s, but 9mm is so much cheaper and more enjoyable to shoot a lot of at the range. I know there are other manufacturers out there that already have them, I even have a SA Range Officer compact in 9mm.

So, if Ruger made one, would you buy it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did quite a bit of IDPA shooting when I was younger. I'm an old guy
now and that's a sport for younger shooters. The 1911 in 9 MM is the
best gun for shooting IDPA. It's big, heavy and accurate. Maybe a
little slow getting out of a holster.

Zeke

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yes, yes I would! I'd really like to see the lightweight Commander in 9mm

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I would not. I use my 1911s for concealed carry and if I am going to lug around a heavy frame semi I want that bigger bullet you get with the 45. If you want a paper target gun, then it would be a good option, if you want a self defense man stopper, get a 45.
If you feel the 9mm is a good enough self defense caliber, get it in a smaller lighter frame gun that you would not mind packing concealed everyday. Now I will wait for the flame job I will get for stating that.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,414 Posts
I NEED one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would not. I use my 1911s for concealed carry and if I am going to lug around a heavy frame semi I want that bigger bullet you get with the 45. If you want a paper target gun, then it would be a good option, if you want a self defense man stopper, get a 45.
If you feel the 9mm is a good enough self defense caliber, get it in a smaller lighter frame gun that you would not mind packing concealed everyday. Now I will wait for the flame job I will get for stating that.
That your opinion and you shouldn't get flamed for it. Many people have a similar opinion. But the important thing with concealed carry is that you do it every day.

I personally prefer smaller and lighter than a 1911 for carry, but that is just my opinion. I love my 1911's for taking to the range. However, my wife carries the Springfield RO Compact 9mm frequently.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
+1

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Yes, would make purely a range shooter...........I want an SR1911 .45 ACP but I keep looking for wheelguns in this caliber, also with a P90 an SR1911 was something I couldn't justify.

But as a 9mm range blaster that can eat the cheapest 9 you can find, I'd take one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The .45 ACP chambering and the 1911 platform just go together; one of the quintessential combos of 20th century firearms. Not a fan of the platform in other calibers unoriginal to the design, it just seems wrong. That being said I (somewhat hypocritically) wouldn't mind one chambered in 10MM AUTO.

I find myself getting bored quickly with 9mm guns because they shoot so well, and usually end up trading them. That being said, the majority of ammo I shoot is reloads and I usually load them soft for target practice in the larger centerfire calibers.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
I would only buy one if it was scaled down to Browning HiPower size. If it is a full size 1911, then it should be a .45 (or a Coonan .357Magnum)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
No.
My SR1911 in .45ACP is how 1911's should be.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Can I pre-order now!

Roger should start pre-order sign-ups for wish list guns. Then if they x-Signups they consider building them.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've owned and own several 9mm 1911's and for Sh--s and giggles there's nothing better .... there accurate , cheaper to shoot and all of mine have been super reliable . Some guys are bothered by the switch from 45 tp 9 but how many of you own revolves chambered in .22 or 9mm ? Try one I say you just might like it !

1 - 20 of 51 Posts