Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for 9MM Single Wadcutters? I have come up dry on all my searches.

Thanx for any info.

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by STINGER

Does anyone have a source for 9MM Single Wadcutters? I have come up dry on all my searches.

Thanx for any info.
What's a single wadcutter?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by 2400

Thanx for any info.
What's a single wadcutter?
A single wadcutter is a specially formulated bullet you get from brain flatulence and typing at 4 in the morning. I meant semi wadcutter. Sheeeesh. how'd I do that?

Another thrilling episode of why we shouldn't accomplish tasks when we are fatigued. Sorry.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by Baldy

Hey Stinger do you mean something like a Keith styled bullet?
Yes. I used to get mine from BULL-X. My last? order was for 10K. I'm getting short on them so I looked up BULL-X to order some and the hound dogs went out of business. Razzlefrats.

What I had was 150gr swc's sized to .356. They really shot great.

Thanks for your reply.

Bill

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Hey Stinger I just noticed that you want 9MM. I was going to give you info on .38[:eek:)]What a dum move I made.[xx(][:eek:)]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I hate answering my own topics, but here goes anyway.

I found a source, Kead Bullets in Dallas Tx. They make the exact same wadcutter that I was using.

Only problem, they act like they really don't want to sell them. Boy are they hard to get a hold of.

Have any of you folks dealt with this company before? Just womdering.

Thanx, Bill

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Well, I have had a order for a month and still have not got it! Good thing is he has not charged me or anything. I think he is a cop and works part time in the bullet biz.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've kinda wondered about getting a Lee push through .356 die and running 150 gr.358 commercial cast bullets through it to use in 9MM. Would it work and would it be too much trouble if you can't find the bullets you want?? Just a thought I've had.
Baker

·
Registered
557 Posts

Well I hate answering my own topics, but here goes anyway.

I found a source, Kead Bullets in Dallas Tx. They make the exact same wadcutter that I was using.

Only problem, they act like they really don't want to sell them. Boy are they hard to get a hold of.

Have any of you folks dealt with this company before? Just womdering.

Thanx, Bill
George is a great guy and he makes some nice bullets. How did you try to reach him?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

I've kinda wondered about getting a Lee push through .356 die and running 150 gr.358 commercial cast bullets through it to use in 9MM. Would it work and would it be too much trouble if you can't find the bullets you want?? Just a thought I've had.
Baker
Hi

The Lee sizers work very well for that application. I have them in .356, .357 and ,358. .357 worked best in my pistol with some of the wadcutters. Your mileage may vary. I resized different types of bullets for my 38 Super, which is a 9mm.

With the right springs I got it to duplicate wadcutter loads like the S&W Model 52.

I was trying to duplicate 38 Special performance. Which I did.

My pistol was a 9mm Springfield Aromry. I modified it so it has a ramped barrel and is compted for the 38 super and I also ramped the barrel for the 9mm. The barrels were made by Clark. The 9mm is not compted. But I can shoot much hotter loads in it if I so desire because the barrel is ramped adding more support the case while it is in the chamber.

Unless you are shooting IPSC you don't need a compensator. And most people will tell not to use a comp when shooting lead and I agree. It's dirty and smokey.

I have known many folks who say that 9mm pistols are not lead friendly. Once I found a load my pistols have disproven that way of thinking.

Anyway, try the Lee sizers to customize your bullets, they work.

Good luck and good shooting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.