Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is one that I have been playing with lately.

Timney trigger, Leupold V-III 2.5-8x33 and factory wood.

Jay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I enjoy tinkering with Rugers and making the guns that Ruger "should" make. Ruger has so much potential with some of their stuff. The marketing department misses the boat by inches on a lot of items. At least that is the way I see it. If you look at my other post you will get what I am eluding too.

Jay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Ron.

I knew that the Ultra Light stock would be and improvement but I didn't think that it would have made that big of a difference.

Here is the before picture.

Jay

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice! I love .22 bolt actions just never got a 77/22, yet.

This is the only .22 Ruger rifle I have, therefore I paid only $50 for it last year:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the kind words gents! I like your 10/22 Andyd. I have one too and have been thinking about changing that one too. I had mine in a laminated Fajen stock and a heavy barrel for a bunch of years and in the last six months I decided that it looked silly and took it apart and put on the original barrel and stock. I guess that I just gravitate to trim hunting/stalking rifles. Oh well.

Jay

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine is an older 114 prefix rifle. It still has the walnut stock and aluminum buttplate. I got it cheap since the hammer followed the bolt and I had to replace the hammer with a Volquartsen part.

The stock was scratched up badly, so I refinished it. In the photo it is a boiled linseed finish that I later changed to many layers of TruOil. I find it a pretty little rifle.

I consider the stock 10/22 a real classic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by Snuffy

kentdep, you do great work.
Thanks Snuffy.

I took the .22 Mag to the range last week for the first time. I sighted it in at 50. I was using Remington Premium ammo and shot some sub half inch groups. I am happy and looking forward to trying some different types of ammo.

Jay

1 - 19 of 19 Posts