Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shouting at a bud does not make a flower blossom more.
Myoki Lehrhaupt

When I read this, I immediately thought of how often I raised my voice
when I was frustrated with my children. It's so easy to forget that my
goal as a mom is not merely to get them to do what I asked them to do, but
to help them bloom into emotionally healthy, peaceful, and productive
adults. If there could be a next time, before I'd start to yell and they'd start
to wither before my very eyes, I'd want to remember this quote. It's never
too late to apologize and start again.

One more:
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test
first, the lesson afterwards." Vernon Sanders Law

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
good points Natalie, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
To our young children...we are the only God they know....the way we deal with them gives them an idea of how God is....I thought He was "watching" to see me mess up and then "gonna get me".....I was in my 40s before I found out He's a loving Father with arms open to love, approve, help, protect....I just didn't see that in my father......first, show your kids unconditional love and that you value them immensely...then teach them anything else.....when they know how precious they are to us....they'll build a good life on that foundation......

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was beautifully said Sheepdog.

Before I was married and had a family I swore to myself that I was going to be a different kind of parent than my parents were to me. Then I was married and became a parent and as time went on I would hear myself sounding just like my mother or father. My mom and dad had rough childhoods and what they gave to me was much better yet tinged with what they received. However, I gave better to my children and am amazed at what wonderful parents my own children turned out to be. Each generation should be able to improve over the last however, new problems pop up because life is constantly evolving.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Shouting at a "Bud" will not open the can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts