Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Flatgate:

and a Roundgate:

They look better that the pics.:) The still have the majority of their blueing. The glare makes them look like there is not much left. I bought them as a pair. I wanted the Flatgate and the seller would not seperate them. They came with an old Western Style black leather belt and holsters that won't fit around my fat ass.[V] I had to give him $750 for the whole rig. What a Ruger Guy has to do to get some of his toys. I had never gotten to handle a Flatgate before that. I've seen pictures and read about them. Now I can handle one anytime I want. The rig also same with another set of the fake stags. I guess the original owner wanted to match them up. I'm just glad he kept the orginal grips, which I put back on the gun.:D

Jman

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Them old models just keep gettin' better looking all the time to me.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Those are really nice looking. The roundgate looks to me like it is one of the "Premiere Co." extended gates (longer than the factory length if you check. Those plastic grips as well just may be from the same company or maybe 'Fitz' or one of them other old time suppliers. Carl over on the other Forum (Flatgate) has a picture of the 'Premiere Co sights with the grips, gate , ejector rod and the loading gate, I'd check with him............

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have never seen a flategate just hard of them now I can say that I have seen a picture of one. Thanks for sharing them with us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts